- NOT HOCKEY, BUT PRETTY DAMN IMPORTANT = Today marks the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. (If you want an additional headtrip, see how often November 9th pops up in German history - whole lot more intriguing than some Mayan calendar date)
- Hell of a Hall of Fame class getting inducted today.
- Elliotte Friedman takes a look at the battle raging inside the NHLPA and furthermore offers up solutions to the problem. Meanwhile, Buzz Hargrove resigns from said organization, and enter Donald Fehr.
- More than ONE HUNDRED players in the NHL are injured right now... and Nashville is struggling a bit more than most.
- Giguere to Toronto? Marchant for Higgins? Trade rumors abound in Anaheim.
- TSN's primer on all 30 teams' power play units.
- Has the Minnesota Wild organization resorted to ice girls because of low ticket sales?
- Note to self - don't let my agent diss my teammate via Twitter.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are the next
Phoenix CoyotesNew York Islanders... or so CanadaKansas City hopes.
- I have yet to do a proper fanpost of the road trip to Raleigh, but the above picture was taken AFTER the John Deere Olympia (i.e. a non-Zamboni) "resurfaced" the ice in the second intermission of the November 1st game vs. San Jose. With Dave Valentine as my witness - EGAD.
- From the same trip - Ray Whitney's 1,000th game ceremony.
- Not a huge surprise, sadly = Vesa Toskala's #1 role has been usurped.
- Defending Big D diagnoses San Jose's arch-rival.
- PensBurgh's take on the Penguins' loss to Team Teal.
- The Top 10 Saves of the Decade = gotta love #1, 2, and 8. Not so much #3.