It's party time!
Welcome one welcome all to Fear The Fin's first edition of Link Rats. It's clever as hell because I replaced "rink" with "link" in the phrase "rink rats." Get it? Cause' we're working all day finding hockey links instead of working on our game at the hockey rink?
Anyways, here's what we got in store for you today:
- Joe Pavelski helps a family coping with the loss of their father. Looks like that playhouse we saw intermittently throughout the year finally found an owner. Touching stuff.
- As most of you know already, Captain Elbows signed a seven year contract with Philadelphia. He's not 35 yet, so if he retires before the end of his contract the not so fast Philly. won't be on the hook for his salary cap hit. Right? Uh oh spaghettios,
- Side note: With all the legal issues surrounding the NHL this offseason, it's high time someone rings John Grisham.
- Sakic or Yzerman- who ya got? I'm going with number 19. Final answer.
- Kurtis Foster signs with the Tampa Bay Lightning, presumably to avoid playing against Torrey Mitchell more than once next season.
- Sandis Ozolinsh is making a comeback. Here's the only known tape of him playing defense, for anyone interested.
- The Razor hits the nail on the head in regards to Michael Jackson's funeral coverage. One of the many reasons he's the best in the biz.
- Alexei Kovalev will try and convince Dany Heatley to stay in Ottawa. Ten bucks Kovy schedules a meeting and decides not to show up.
- Saku Koivu signs with those quacks down the road. One of the reasons he chose Anaheim was because he didn't want to fight for ice time with his brother. Obviously the Ducks are going to have no heart next season. Also, Smokin' Sergei Zhubov is not likely to return to Dallas.
- Burnaby Joe deserves two links this morning. Top Ten Things TSN loves about one of the greatest players of all time.
- Scratch that, we're making it three. How do ya like dem' apples?
- In San Jose news, the Sharkzzzzzzz....
- OT: The weirdest thing you'll watch all day.
Go (tohell!) Offseason.
"Link Rats." Shall we forge ahead with this name?
I adore it. (23 votes)
I abhor it. (36 votes)
I... wait, what'd you ask? (40 votes)
99 total votes