So, if you want a simple summary of this post, it's this: Joe Pavelski ought to have an epic about him.
We start this "epic" unit in English today. We started off by looking at the characteristics of an "Epic Hero".
Look at some of these:
- Able to conquer most problems, even though he has no superpowers.
- Faithful to his family and his country.
- Brave; although he feels fear, he overcomes it out of a sense of duty and responsibility.
- Intelligent; he is able to rely on his brain to get him out of tough situations (doesn't pummel his way out)
- Has the help of a higher force when needed.
- The main character is "larger than life"
Now lets take a look at Joe Pavelski:
- He's one of the best playoff performers out there right now, and he has no superpowers (not that we know of)
- He helped the USA to the gold medal game
- He always seems confident, and never shows his fear.
- Always makes the smart play on the ice, and rarely gets into fights.
- If he needs help, he has the D-Men and the rest of his line to help him out.
- "The Big Pavelski". Sounds larger than life to me...