San Jose heads into Vancouver tonight for their first televised game of the preseason. Theare 3-0-0 in the preseason, with wins over Anaheim (x2) and Phoenix under their belts, while the are 2-2-0.
According to David Pollak of Working The Corners, expect to be in nets for the Sharks. He will go up against Canucks goaltender . No other official lineups are in for San Jose, but expect the Canucks to ice , , and Alex Burrows as well.
We will be starting player previews beginning tomorrow morning. As of right now, expect the format to follow what we have been doing in previous years-- forward lines, defensive pairings, and goaltenders are all previewed together, with a macro team preview coming at the end of the run. We'll start with the big guns of Thornton, Marleau, and Pavelski tomorrow, working our way down the lineup as cuts are made to the training camp roster.
Some other assorted thoughts and updates heading into tonight:
- If a shutout was made of spare ribs, here, and the Sharks main site has a recap and box score. would eat it. The Sharks goaltender posted a shutout last night against the , with scoring the lone goal in the 1-0 win. DP has some thoughts from the goalie
- In case you missed it yesterday, Connolly, Doherty, Irwin, Livingston, Reid, and Viedensky were cut from training camp. All six players will be assigned to Worcester. The Worcester Sharks training camp begins on September 27th, so expect another round of cuts to occur before then (tomorrow afternoon is a good guess).
- Great news on the injury front for St. Louis, as expected to return to the team tomorrow to continue his long road to recovery. Perron has been out for nearly a year with post-concussion syndrome following a hit from Sharks Captain Joe Thornton in November of 2010 and hasn't trained or lifted since the injury. is
- Another nugget passed along by DP-- The Vancouver Province talks to former Sharks Captain Owen Nolan about his tryout contract with the Canucks. Nolan will be in the lineup tonight.
- The Vancouver Canucks main site has a video previewing tonight's game.
- Tonight's game begins at 6:00 PM on the NHL Network.