Some excellent news on according to David Pollak via Twitter. McLellan mentioned that Burns may be able to play immediately following the All-Star Break-- whether or not that comes to fruition is nearly irrelevant in the big picture of course, as the main takeaway from today's presser should be that he does not appear to be looking at a long-term ailment that would take him into April.today, whose potentially disastrous injury last night has turned out to be "more charley horse than a knee"
Some other news and notes from today as the Sharks try and snap their scoring skid against the Calgary Flames:
- David Pollak with the full story on the outlook of Brent Burns going forward.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk blog has more news from today.
- Nice new feature on the Daily Chomp, where staff writer Alex Aragon answers fan questions from Twitter and email.
- The ever phenomenal Kent Wilson of Flames Nation takes a look at how Calgary can "stop running in place without falling off the treadmill" as the Flames look to transition into a new era.
- Matchsticks & Gasoline previews tonight's tilt from the other end of the aisle.
Puck drops at 6:07 PM.