TJ Galiardi will be making his return to the lineup tonight, starting on the third line with Dominic Moore and Torrey Mitchell.
For the first time in a very, very long time, San Jose will finally have their lineup intact heading into the postseason. Obviously injuries are always going to be a factor in the sport, but if San Jose stays healthy, they might just have the deepest group of forwards in the Western Conference.
It's going to take some wins to make that depth worthwhile however, as San Jose is in an absolute dogfight with Los Angeles, Dallas, Phoenix, and (to a lesser degree) Colorado and Calgary for the three final playoff spots in the Conference. As we covered earlier today, San Jose has not had success against Anaheim this season, going 1-4 against the Ducks this year.
A win tonight would move mountains.
Some assorted links to tide you over before tonight's game:
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk sits down with Galiardi to talk about his return to the lineup.
- Western Conference Bubble Watch: Los Angeles is in Calgary, Dallas is in Edmonton, and Colorado is in Vancouver. Phoenix is idle.
- Dave Lozo of NHL.com breaks down the shakeup that could take place today in the Western Conference.
- David Pollak with a great editorial on the You Can Play Project and Tommy Wingels involvement with the cause.
- Antti Niemi in net tonight for San Jose. Hiller "The Sharks Killer" will be in net tonight for Anaheim.
Puck drops at 7:07 PM at the Honda Center.