MONTREAL, CANADA - DECEMBER 8: Josh Gorges #26 of the Montreal Canadiens body checks Alex Burrows #14 and Aaron Rome #29 of the Vancouver Canucks during the NHL game at the Bell Centre on December 8, 2011 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. (Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images)
Ed. Note: Changed the name of these posts from "Links Roundup" to "Chum Bucket" which is probably just as terrible but maybe marginally more inventive. This should stick until Viacom sues us.
- Would the impending NHL lockout be in violation of some Canadian labo(u)r laws? Habs players appealed to the Quebec Labour Board to prevent the Canadiens organization from locking them out with players in Alberta, Manitoba and B.C. expected to pursue similar options. Vancouver might finally win a Cup if their only competition is Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg and Montreal. [Montreal Gazette]
- If the Sharks really are interested in Sergei Samsonov, as reported by the Edmonton Journal last month before being somewhat retracted, what could the skilled Russian winger bring to the San Jose lineup? [Hockey Tracker]
- Analyzing Ryane Clowe's Twitter account. [Battle of California]
- In case you missed it, Drew Remenda was on the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast last Friday. [Puck Daddy]
- Dustin Byfuglien isn't selling jeans. He's also going to have some trouble fitting into most pairs. [Backhand Shelf]
- With EA Sports' NHL 13 hitting stores tomorrow, some players were asked to choose their ultimate starting lineup. Nashville's Pekka Rinne picked Bruins third-liner Rich Peverley among his three starting forwards. Stick to goaltending, Pekka. [On the Forecheck]