|Player||TOI||Corsi +||Corsi -||Corsi +/-||Chances +||Chances -||Chances +/-|
- If we accounted for score effects, these totals would look a lot more lopsided in favor of the Sharks. Obviously these teams weren't close at all during that first period.
- The bad news? Handzus is now minus-18 in Corsi and minus-8 in scoring chances over the first two games of the season after finishing dead last on the team in Corsi and chance differential a year ago. The good news? Scott Gomez is a Shark.
- I wrote in the game preview that the Couture line would be key to a Sharks victory assuming the team's respective top lines sawed off possession. The power play ended up being a much bigger factor in the final score than any individual line, but those are some terrific numbers from Couture and Martin Havlat.
- Matt Irwin was second among San Jose defensemen in even-strength ice time and still managed to stay on the positive side of the ledger possession-wise. That's impressive.
- Solid outing for Adam Burish in limited minutes.
- Again, I'm not sure if single-game special teams data is all that illuminating but let me know if you'd like to see that included in these things from now on.