Complete scoring chance summary
|Home||1||18:26||Kearns from Desjardins, miss||10||22||32||38||52||81||13||14||26||28||32||33||5v5|
|Home||1||18:18||Kearns backhand from Kennedy, save||10||22||32||38||52||81||13||14||26||28||32||33||5v5|
|Away||1||13:43||Carter from Kopitar, save (5v4 PP)||5||8||10||32||44||8||10||11||26||32||77||4v5|
|Home||1||11:22||Boyle from Irwin, save||8||19||22||32||43||52||2||11||32||33||74||77||5v5|
|Away||1||7:37||Williams from Voynov, save (4v4)||8||19||22||32||52||10||14||26||32||33||4v4|
|Home||1||5:17||Boyle one-timer from Thornton, save||8||19||22||32||52||83||2||10||14||24||32||33||5v5|
|Away||1||3:18||Brown from Richards, miss||12||22||32||52||57||88||6||8||10||14||23||32||5v5|
|Away||1||2:30||Kopitar from Carter, save||8||19||22||32||52||83||2||11||32||33||74||77||5v5|
|Away||1||0:23||Lewis deflection from Mitchell, miss||7||10||32||38||61||81||2||13||22||28||32||33||5v5|
|Away||1||0:02||Richards one-timer from Williams, goalpost||7||12||32||57||61||88||6||8||10||14||23||32||5v5|
|Home||2||4:02||Kearns one-timer from Kennedy, save||5||10||32||38||44||81||2||10||13||22||32||33||5v5|
|Away||2||2:05||Kopitar from Carter, goal||12||22||32||52||83||88||2||6||11||32||74||77||5v5|
|Home||2||1:55||Nieto backhand from Wingels, miss||5||12||32||44||57||83||2||10||14||23||32||33||5v5|
|Home||2||1:00||Kearns one-timer from Kennedy, save||7||10||32||38||61||81||2||14||23||28||32||33||5v5|
|Home||3||10:00||Kennedy from Desjardins, save||7||10||32||38||61||81||6||8||11||13||32||77||5v5|
|Away||3||9:06||Richards from Williams, save (5v4 PP)||7||10||32||38||61||8||10||14||23||26||32||4v5|
|Home||3||6:54||Wingels backhand from Marleau, save (4v5 SH)||7||12||32||57||61||14||23||26||28||32||33||4v5|
|Home||3||3:39||Kearns deflection from Vlasic, save||5||10||32||38||44||81||11||13||26||32||44||77||5v5|
|Home||3||0:01||Boyle rebound from Thornton, save||8||12||19||22||57||83||8||10||22||28||32||33||5v5|
On-ice scoring chances for and against
Team scoring chance totals
|Period||Totals||EV||5v4 PP||5v3 PP||4v5 SH||3v5 SH|
Head-to-head scoring chances
- Sure, this was an especially boring game, but its profile wasn't all that dissimilar to the type of game the Sharks have been involved in fairly frequently while wading through all of these forward injuries: defense-first and, as a result, low-event.
- Despite letting the Kings set up in their zone for lengthy stretches of the first two periods, the Sharks didn't really allow a whole lot in the way of quality scoring chances at any point in this game. But when you're drawn into these tight-checking, one-goal affairs, any bounce that goes against you could potentially cost the game and that's exactly what happened last night as a Brent Burns attempt hitting traffic turned play the other way and resulted in the contest's only goal.
- Speaking of Burns, this wasn't one of his finer efforts of the season as he was juggled between the top two lines by Todd McLellan but struggled to establish an offensive presence with either of them. The fact that he's been held to just one shot on goal each of the past two games might raise some fair concerns about his effectiveness away from Joe Thornton.
- He had a couple of defensive lapses in the first period that turned into chances against but Dan Boyle was skating and passing the puck out of trouble like vintage Boyle again. Maybe he's finally starting to emerge from the slump that's spanned the past month and a half for him.
- Zero scoring chances for the power play in six minutes of ice time. That can't happen against a Kings team that doesn't tend to give up much at even-strength. It's been an uncharacteristically listless run for the Sharks' power play as of late and you can only hope Logan Couture's imminent return changes that.
- I feel like I'm burying the lede here but five of the Sharks' eleven scoring chances last night came off the stick of Bracken Kearns. What a weird game.