USA TODAY Sports
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Most stopped short of calling it a bag skate, but Todd McLellan worked the Sharks pretty hard in their practice at the United Center yesterday, forcing them to sprint from the red line to the faceoff dots and back every time a player missed on a breakaway. "Save us Michal Handzus, you're our only hope" was likely uttered for the first and only time. [Working the Corners]
- Martin Havlat's demotion to a surprisingly effective fourth line is an opportunity for Worcester's leading scorer Tim Kennedy, who appears to be staying in the lineup for tonight's game against the Blackhawks. [CSN Bay Area]
- Speaking of that game, the Sharks will be facing Ray Emery in net rather than the red-hot Corey Crawford. [CSN Bay Area]
- Will the real San Jose Sharks please stand up? [CSN Bay Area]
- A plea to define the "flu bug" buzzing around the Sharks' locker room and claiming victims from Andrew Desjardins to Brent Burns. [CSN Bay Area]
- Jen Conway interviewed Ian Laperriere regarding the ridiculous comments he made about pending rape charges against Flyers prospect Nick Cousins. [Backhand Shelf]