Special thanks to user Amoc for coming up with the name- look for more of his articles in the Fanpost section on Fear The Fin.
- Jumbo Joe Thornton will be answering fan questions for this week's edition of Ask The Sharks. Make sure to submit your queries to by the end of this week. He's an avid Risk player apparently, as well as world traveler- I would assume he shows a little more respect to foreign countries than Cosmo Kramer has in the past.
- The fathers of select players will be accompanying the team on the upcoming two game road trip (Chicago & Nashville). A nice tribute to the men who helped their sons get into the NHL. No word on whether mothers will be included in the future.
- Following Thursday's 6-1 rout of Calgary, it was reported that the Sharks defencemen had set a team record for most points in a game. Not so fast stat junkies- per King David:
Looks like the Sharks didn’t set a new record for total assists by defensemen in one game in their 6-1 romp over Calgary. There was a scoring change on the game’s first goal (Pavelski) that added an assist to Ryane Clowe and took one away from Christian Ehrhoff. That meant the Sharks d-men finished with eight assists, tying the franchise record instead of breaking it.
- Doug Wilson was on the NHL Hour yesterday, and it completely slipped my mind to inform you. If anyone has the Youtube or audio clip of the interview please let us know in the comments. You will be reimbursed for your diligence- I've got some cookies for ya!
- Pierre Lebrun of ESPN takes a look at the Sharks early season success.
- Some injury updates are available on Evgeni Nabokov, Cheech, and Mike Grier:
During the first period, Sharks right wing Mike Grier left the game with a lower body injury. He is listed as day-to-day
"Mike is day-to-day, or hour-to-hour really," said Sharks Head Coach Todd McLellan. "He’s a little bit sore. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play in Chicago and I think Cheech (Cheechoo) will be back by then. Nabby (Nabokov) will make the trip and he’ll skate when he’s on the trip so he’s getting awfully close too.
- TSN's power rankings came out on November 10th- guess who's sitting pretty at the top?
- The Sharks third jersey, which is slated to be released on November 21st, has been leaked to the good folks at Icethetics. (H/T to idunno723 for the link)