Time once again to keep tabs on our enemies - i.e. everyone else in the Pacific Division.
[Editor's Note]: Due to the vast number of posts today, I decided to limit the amount of text that was included on the front page of this article. Nonetheless, it's a great read- be sure to join Mr. K after the jump.
- Anaheim lost center Brian Sutherby to a groin injury during their 4-6 loss to the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night. He is listed as day to day.
- Defenseman Francois Beauchemin underwent surgery to repair his torn ACL in his left knee. He will miss about six months, i.e. the rest of the season (barring a Stanley Cup run for Anaheim).
- The Ducks take on the St. Louis Blues tonight in St. Louis.
- BREAKING NEWS = Brenden Morrow will miss six months with a torn right ACL. The Stars recalled Landon Wilson from their AHL affiliate.
- The Stars placed B.J. Crombeen on waivers, and he was promptly picked up by the St. Louis Blues.
- The Stars lost to the Blackhawks in Dallas on Thursday, 3-6. They face the Anaheim Ducks tomorrow night in Dallas.
Los Angeles Kings
- The Kings beat the Washington Capitals last night, 5 to 2. Two of those Kings goals were empty netters.
- The Kings face the Colorado Avalanche at the Staples Center tomorrow.
- Forward Daniel Winnik was placed on the I.R. Enver Lisin was called up from the Coyotes' AHL affiliate.
- The Desert Dogs are in North Carolina to take on the Hurricanes tonight.