San Jose @ Anaheim, October 3rd
- Conico is going in for some light surgery tomorrow and will be on the shelf for the next two days. Get well soon bud, and the best of luck.
- Congratulations to Benn Ferriero for his first NHL goal, as well as and for their first NHL point. The last time three players did this was October 4, 2007, when Daniel Winnick, , and accomplished the feat for Phoenix.
- Speaking of Phoenix, Paul Waldie from The Globe and Mail has a nice piece on where Balsillie went wrong in his attempt to purchase the team.
- The Stanley Cup banner. Conspiracy theorists claim to have seen Gary Bettman pulling the strings from the rafters during the ceremony. raise their
- Down Goes Brown previews the Pacific division.
- Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy breaks down the wonderful recreation of Herb Brooks speech before the 1980 semi-finals game against the Soviets- this time, instead of Kurt Russell, it's four year old Josh Sacco.
- idunno723 brings back Dropping the Gloves for it's sophomore season, breaking down the Shelley-Koci scrap. Look for an Anaheim installment in the Fanposts later this week.
The umlauts are a nice touch.