I'm going to be updating this as the
Olympic rosters stories come in, so check back occasionally in the next 72 hours.
[UPDATE] - Pat Sajak is one helluva hockey fan, by game show host standards.
[UPDATE] - Logan Couture and Danny Groulx have been selected to attend the AHL All-Star Game.
[UPDATE] - Puck Daddy lists the goalie saves of the decade... and unfortunately the #1 happened against the Sharks just a few games ago.
- Devin Setoguchi may have scored last night, but he's far from off the hook =
"It’s no secret he has been sent a message from the coaching staff," Sharks coach Todd McLellan said of Setoguchi. "He needs to pick up his game. He played pretty well the other night against Anaheim but we didn’t think he deserved a promotion. This time he came and had a couple of good early shifts. Now it’s up to him. I don’t care where he plays but we need him to play."
Notably absent from the list is Detroit's Johan Franzen, who is currently nursing a knee injury. Another notable absentee is Vancouver's Mikael Samuelsson, who pulled no punches in discussing the snub.
"Probably going to get in trouble for this, but they can go (expletive deleted) themselves," was his reaction following the Canucks win over Calgary Sunday night.
- Phoenix's AHL team to potentially move to Canada... sounds strangely familiar.
- Own goals - the quick path back to the AHL.
- Injuries - Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson is out 4-6 weeks, the Kings' Jason Williams is out with a broken leg and Minnesota's Chuck Kobasew is out with a sprained MCL. Vaclav Prospal is also out due to knee surgery.
- Paul Kariya had to stay a night in the hospital after being elbowed in the head by a Sabre.
Ex-Sharks - where are they now?
- Marcel Goc has 8 points in his last six games with Nashville... he also has twice as many goals in December than he did all of last season.
- After scoring twice in San Jose, Milan Michalek has just 2 points in his last 13 games, while teammate for life Jonathan Cheechoo has 3 points in his last 5 games (none of them goals, however).
- Christian Ehrhoff currently leads all NHL defensemen in plus / minus... what a difference a year will make.
- Don't look now, but Mike Grier has 7 points in his last 6 games, including 3 on Sunday night.
- In his last 7 games, the only team that Brian Campbell didn't notch a point against was San Jose - ha ha!
- Matt Carle is still plugging away, as is Vesa Toskala, who is seeing more W's lately.
- A lawsuit possibly coming to an irresponsible blogger... nope, it ain't me.
- More on unfounded hearsay, this time on how team relocation rumors can hurt contract talks with players.
- Rudy Kelly is an expert at Facebook etiquette.
- A classic joke - St. Peter and the devil have a discussion about hockey.
- Always nice to see the Kipper give one up an ugly one...