- We got sum guy whose supost to be reely good and skor lotz of goles. Nevr herd of him untill now beecuz it nevr snoews hear wich meens I dont undrstand hocky.
- Plank vows to swear off sex, because it will take too much time away from NHL 2010, while TCY wrings teardrops from our eyes with his farewell video to Jonathan Cheechoo.
- Silver Seven has a convenient database of Dany Heatley trade commentary (hey look, he even includes us!).
- The NHL preseason begins tonight as the Vancouver Canucks host the New York Islanders, beginning at 7:00pm PST. Open thread here.
- Speaking of tonight, Jonathan Cheechoo should be in Ottawa right about now... Milan Michalek, on the other hand, is having a minor hangup with his Canadian work visa, which will delay him until tomorrow at the earliest. Leave it to the Canadians to keep Milan in *Czech* (groan...).
- Speaking of Jonathan Cheechoo, he stands a good chance of being on Jason Spezza's line. Oh, and he's now sporting attire that will put a crack in your teal heart.
"[Milan Michalek] was maybe the most skilled player we had here and I feel he will be a dominant player when he puts it all together. He has shown us all what he can do when he is on."
McSorley - Fleury 96-97 (via vindiggs)