2011 NHL Draft Open Thread
With two earth-shattering trades completed yesterday, expectations are high for the NHL Draft. As is the norm around this time of year, there are rumors and speculation flying at a rampant pace indicating Player X is being looked at by Team Y, and Team Z is looking to move up in the draft in order to acquire a promising prospect they covet.
Here is a rundown of the moves and speculation over the last twenty four hours. We will update this as news breaks.
- Philadelphia trades Mike Richards to Los Angeles in exchange for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, and a 2012 second round draft pick.
- Philadelphia trades Jeff Carter to Columbus in exchange for Jakub Voracek, a 2011 first round pick, and a 2011 third round pick.
- Colorado trades John Michael Liles to Toronto in exchange for a 2012 second round draft pick.
- Robyn Regehr has, for the time being, denied a trade to the Buffalo Sabres. Numerous teams are interested in his services, with Darren Dreger stating yesterday that the San Jose Sharks are involved in talks.
- Los Angeles trades Ryan Smyth to Edmonton in exchange for Gilbert Brule and a fourth round pick [link].
- Chicago trades Troy Brouwer to Washington in exchange for their 2011 first round pick.
Will the Sharks hold on to their first round selection tonight? Do they make a trade to acquire a number two defenseman? Is there a deal brewing out there that will blow your socks off?
Tune in tonight on Versus to find out.