Thursday, Dec 1, 2011, 7:30 PM PST
San Jose and Montreal both enter tonight in the midst of a mini-slump-- the Canadiens dropped three in a row to finish November, while the Sharks lost two in a row. Something will have to give tonight, and whilewon't be in the building tonight to show off his flashy spin-o-rama move, the Sharks would like to get a win under their belt before facing Campbell and the on Saturday night at HP Pavilion.
and will be in net for their respective teams. is expected to be in the lineup after missing the previous two games with illness. Both and James Vandermeer look to be the starters on the third pairing, leaving (who recently returned to the team after addressing some family matters) in a healthy scratch role.
Some other news and notes to keep you occupied before puck drop:
- Former Sharks assistant captain Mike Grier officially retired from hockey today at the age of 36. Best wishes to him in his future endeavors.
- Via Jamie Baker on Twitter: "Sharks begin a 4 game home stand and 10 of next 13 at home. Need to get it going b/c starting Jan 2nd 19 of 27 games are on road."
- Allen Walsh shares his thoughts on how Columbus coach Scott Arniel has handled this season.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk blog tees up tonight's game and reiterates what many commenters at Fear The Fin are fond of saying-- the Sharks need to get in front of the goaltender, drive hard to the paint, and look for a rebound to get out of their scoring drought.
- David Pollak of Working The Corners breaks down the Sharks decision to reunite Clowe-Couture-Havlat, and speaks with Todd McLellan about the play of this season.
- With Movember officially over, many Sharks players will be skating sans-mustache for the first time in a month. Obi-Wan Kenobi felt a disturbance in the force...
Puck drops at 7:37 PM.