Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011, 6:00 PM PST
No official word on whether or not Matt Irwin will start tonight on the blueline, but it doesn't look like he will-- according to David Pollak via Twitter, McLellan told the assembled media in Colorado that Irwin would only play if the trainers rule someone else unable to play. You can never tell whether or not that is a smokescreen considering how much pre-game jockeying goes on between Head Coaches, but it looks unlikely as of right now.
He would wear #52 if he does play.
Niemi will be in net for San Jose while Semyon Varlamov gets the start for Colorado. Paul Stastny returns to the lineup, Matt Duchene is going to be electric, and we're excited to see if the Sharks can wrap up this three game roadie with a win.
Some more assorted links to tide you over before game time:
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk blog takes a look at some of the key storylines heading into tonight's game.
- David Pollak breaks down what the Sharks are looking for as they move forward-- a lot more production out of their top two lines.
- Mile High Hockey previews the game. That new logo is sickkkkkkk.
- Jewels From The Crown has been all over the Kings recent firing of Head Coach Terry Murray. Former Sharks coach Darryl Sutter looks like he might be getting the job (the Lombardi connection makes sense of course), but John Stevens currently holds the interim title.
- Remember that tonight's game is on Versus.
Puck drops at 6:07 PM.