2012 NHL All-Star Game Open Thread
- Honda Crouture will be logan some miles on Team Alfreddson and Todd McLellan will be behind the bench. A full roster can be found here.
- Corey Perry stole the show last night with his mini-stick prop, and Patrick Kane showed up with an awesome Superman move to win the event.
- You also have to love Carey Price using the glass to watch the shooter's move during the breakaway competition.
- In case you missed it yesterday, new FTF writer SnarkSD and The Neutral had a pair of tremendous articles that looked at the underlying statistics of the San Jose Sharks. Snark SD's article used adjusted Fenwick to predict where teams will finish the season (San Jose wins the Pacific and earns the 4th most points in the West) while The Neutral compiled all of the scoring chance data he's collected throughout this season and adjusted it based on Zone Starts. Truly phenomenal stuff.
- Hard to forgot Evgeni Nabokov's performance during the 2008 All-Star game when he was still playing with the Sharks. Here's video of Nabokov robbing Ilya Kovalchuk twice in the second period of that game as Doug Wilson looks on.
- And of course the classic Owen Nolan hat trick goal in San Jose.