Tuesday, Jan 31, 2012, 7:30 PM PST
Jason Demers and Ryane Clowe will not play tonight for the Sharks. Ryane Clowe said earlier today that he expects to be playing on Thursday against Dallas while Demers current situation is relatively unknown.
Demers may be dealing with a lower body injury that sort-of kind-of kept him out of San Jose's game against Ottawa before the break-- as Todd McLellan mentioned following that game, Demers was a little dinged up but could have played if needed. Demers did come back to play the back to back against Edmonton and Calgary a few days later of course, but either that injury has resurfaced or a new ailment is afflicting him.
An update on Martin Havlat was also tweeted by David Pollak-- Havlat is expected to be out until early to mid-March, nearly doubling his estimated rehabilitation time of 6-8 weeks. Getting him back in time for the postseason is clearly the priority here and one has to hope that he can work his way back into optimal playing shape in time for April. A month in the lineup should allow him enough time to do so, but it's still not the scenario the team was hoping for when they announced his surgery in late December.
Some more assorted notes from today to tide you over before the game begins:
- David Pollak with an update on Clowe and a look ahead to tonight's game.
- The Cannon previews the game and asks what Columbus team will show up tonight.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk chats with fans about the Sharks.
- Tony Plush will skate with the Sharks during tomorrow's practice. At face value, that's cool. Upon deeper reflection, that's awesome.
- Help support Defending The Blueline as they make a final push for an award from the President of the United States. All the information can be found by clicking here.
Puck drops at 7:37 PM.