- That rumored 4-year, $30 million contract an Eastern Conference team offered Shane Doan is now apparently he and his agent's asking price as DoanWatch 2012 rages onward. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Speaking of Phoenix shitshows, former Sharks owner Greg Jamison is apparently $20 million short in his bid to purchase the Coyotes franchise. How it could possibly get this far before the Jamison camp realized they had insufficient funds is beyond me. [Phoenix Business Journal]
- Damn that Cam Charron for using facts and evidence to compare Rick Nash and Alexander Semin, the two biggest names to move this week. "Nash has played for Dave King, Doug MacLean, Gerard Gallant, Gary Agnew, Ken Hitchcock, Claude Noel, Scott Arniel and Todd Richards. Semin has played for Bruce Cassidy, Glen Hanlon, Bruce Boudreau and Dale Hunter. Who is the coach killer?" [Backhand Shelf]
- With the Winnipeg Jets inking Tobias Enstrom to a 5-year, $28.75 million contract extension, what's Canucks defenseman and 2013 UFA Alex Edler worth? [Angus Certified]
- Despite holding Roberto Luongo in high esteem (and not just because of his Twitter account), I've been skeptical of the Florida Panthers' reported interest in re-acquiring him. Alexander Calloway lays out a compelling case for why Luongo taking his talents back to South Beach actually makes sense. [Litter Box Cats]
- Finally, Thomas Drance of Canucks Army, Bryan Reynolds of Hockey Wilderness, Jon Hoven of Mayor's Manor and yours truly participated in a roundtable-type thing on the Los Angeles Kings' website. It's worth clicking through if only to scroll down to a comments section full of overly defensive Kings fans attacking poor Thomas. [L.A. Kings]
Weekend Links Roundup: Does anyone even care where Doan ends up at this point?
By The Neutral