- Like several other teams, the Sharks unveiled a host of offers to earn back goodwill and make people forget about the lockout. Promotions range from a free soda with every meal purchased in the HP Pavilion concourse on game day to free jerseys with ticket purchases to discounts on team merchandise. I was going to say something about how it seems somewhat presumptuous of teams to think they can win fans back by offering them free stuff rather than, say, a commitment to never lock the players out again but then I saw a video of Patrick Marleau begging people to eat lunch with him. Why won't you eat lunch with Patty, you monsters? [San Jose Sharks]
- Players who were active during the 48-game 1995 NHL season talk about the importance of a fast start in a shortened schedule. [Mercury News]
- Reports from Day 2 of training camp: Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Brad Stuart are still skating together on a pairing, Matt Irwin continues to skate alongside Dan Boyle, Jason Demers and Brent Burns are still injured, Bracken Kearns occupied the fourth-line left wing spot Frazer McLaren did on Sunday and Brandon Mashinter is still nowhere to be found. [Working the Corners]
- Brad Stuart believes a shortened season will help the Sharks. [CSN Bay Area]
- Demers skated prior to Monday's first camp session while Burns was limited to purely off-ice workouts. Should we be freaking out about that injury yet? Meanwhile, Irwin looks to solidify his spot on the opening night roster. [CSN Bay Area]
- The San Francisco Bulls traded captain Justin Bowers and defenseman Sacha Guimond to Gwinnett for Cody Carlson, Christian Ouellet and T.J. Galiardi's brother Rylan in a blockbuster move. [The Gackle Report]
- Gray looks at the Sharks' training camp roster and reports on the status of Shark Packs for the shortened season. [Couch Tarts]
- The Dudes discuss Sharks training camp, fantasy hockey and preview the season in their latest podcast. [Dudes On Hockey]
- Speaking of podcasts, here's the most recent one from the guys over at We're Gonna Need a Bigger Podcast. [iTunes]
- Reminder: individual tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10AM. [San Jose Sharks]
- Video: Todd McLellan addresses the media following Day 2 of training camp. [San Jose Sharks]
Tuesday Chum Bucket: Have a free soda with your lockout!
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
By The Neutral