Our beloved leader Jake Sundstrom will be leaving Fear The Fin at the end of the current season, and we're looking for a new site manager here to fill his shoes. Maybe you're interested?
This person will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a large website with a loyal following of readers, and ideally is an obsessive Sharks fan. The perfect candidate can express her or his thoughts about the team and the sport in a consistently engaging way. Hopefully you're as big of a nerd about the Internet, social media and sports journalism as you are about the Sharks. You should have experience managing people, the ability to delegate and an insatiable desire to discover and produce work that Sharks fans love.
You don't need to live in the Bay Area, but it wouldn't hurt. Compensation is in the form of a monthly stipend.
- Write, edit, produce and ensure regular publication of quality Sharks writing and video content.
- Manage a diverse team of writers.
- Operate the Fear The Fin Facebook page, Twitter account and other social media channels.
- Communicate regularly with SB Nation management about site goals, traffic analysis and progress.
- Shape the editorial direction of Fear The Fin.
- Respect the tone, work, personalities and community that have made Fear The Fin the best Sharks blog on the Internet.
- Obsessive knowledge of and passion for the San Jose Sharks, the NHL and hockey.
- You're a great writer, communicator and manager.
- You're experienced with web publishing tools (or you're a quick learner).
- You take pride in what you do.
tl;dr: if you're a passionate Sharks fan who wants to help us continue to grow Fear The Fin into the destination for all Sharks fans on the Internet, we want to hear from you.
Please provide links to your blog, Twitter account, Facebook page, writing samples, or anything else you feel might be relevant where applicable in the application below. Vox Media is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Click here to apply.
Questions? Email me: travis at sbnation.com