A list of players named Timo that the San Jose Sharks should call up, updated daily (or until one of these guys is actually called up):
- Timo Meier. He’s good at hockey and scoring good hockey goals, and the Sharks need to score some more goals in their hockey games.
- Timo Pielmeier. 91.2 save percentage isn’t great, he’s played the bulk of his team’s games. Points for being like a German Martin Jones.
- Timo Seppa. Not putting out much content these days.
- Timo Jutila. Sometimes broadcasts Finnish games with Jari Kurri. How awesome is that?
- Timo Nummelin. I wish any NHLer had a goal celebration half as cool as Nummelin pretending to play a giant violin after he scored.
- Timo Helbing. Ten points and 73 PIMs in 27 games for EV Zug in the Swiss league.
- Timo Kimmonen. This smooth skating Finnish defenseman was a late round pick by the Kings in 1993. He stayed in Europe for five years, during which time his rights had been traded to the new Nashville franchise. He played several solid seasons for the Predators before he was traded to the Flyers. He consistently put up about 40 points per season, topping out at 55 in 2006-07. He won four Olympic medals (3 bronze and a silver) playing for Finland. He was traded to Chicago at the deadline in 2015 and retired after winning the Cup.
Spoonerisms are fun.