A list of players named Timo that the San Jose Sharks should call up, updated daily (or until one of these guys is actually called up):
- Timo Meier. I guess Doug Wilson is too smart to fall for yesterday’s attempt at reverse psychology.
- Timo Meier. He scored for the Barracuda’s 3-0 win over the San Diego Gulls Sunday afternoon.
- Timo Meier. Was held pointless and took two minor penalties in Saturday’s win over San Diego.
- Timo Meier. Is currently fourth in AHL rookie goal scoring, despite missing time at the end of camp and early in the season.
- Timo Meier. Only one rookie in the AHL has taken more shots this season than Meier has. And that player (Jake DeBrusk) has played in eight more games than Meier.
- Timo Meier. Is 19th overall in the AHL in shots. Every player ahead of him has played more games than Meier.
- Timo Meier. Only four players on the Sharks roster have score more than four goals this season, and you can guess who they are without looking it up. Depth scoring has not been this team’s strong suit so far this year.
- Timo Meier. Those same four Sharks are the only players who have taken more shots on goal than Meier has (63). Yeah, I know it’s apples to oranges, but the Sharks need more depth scoring, and this is another data point suggesting the Meier will score at the NHL level.
- Timo Meier. He is a better hockey player than at least two forwards that play regularly for the Sharks right now. He is an upgrade right now, and his ceiling is far higher than anybody he would replace in the line up.