A list of players named Timo that the San Jose Sharks should call up, updated daily (or until one of these guys is actually called up):
- Timo Meier. Doug Wilson said “[Meier]’s not far away”. Hopefully, the GM isn’t being overly literal here and pointing out that Meier and his teammates share an arena with the Sharks.
- Timo Seppa. Smart guy. Tweets hard. Loves the game.
- Timo Pielmeier. In yesterday’s comments, it was suggested that Pielmeier might be serving as a sort of cautionary tale for Meier: work hard or you’ll end up like me, playing goal in Germany. Sort of like a Jacob Marley figure. This is totally plausible.
- Timo Jutila. IIHF Hall of Fame defenseman. Was once named PETA Finland’s “Vegan of the Year.”
- Timo Nummelin. He never played in North America, but Nummelin was a star in both hockey and soccer in Finland. TPS, his club, retired his number, and he is in the Finnish Hockey Hall of Fame. He celebrated goals by pretending to play a violin, which is a pretty cool and creative move. His son, Petteri, was drafted by the Blue Jackets—he only played one season there, but has had a long career in Finland. Timo’s daughter Jonna is married to former Sharks’ goalie Antti Niemi.