A list of players named Timo that the San Jose Sharks should call up, updated daily (or until one of these guys is actually called up):
- Timo Meier. And a partridge in a pear tree.
- Timo Seppa. I just realized that they’re not doing the Hockey Prospectus Radio podcast this season. Bummer. This should have been enough to knock him down a spot, but...
- Timo Pielmeier. Allowed five goals in his last start.
- Timo Jutila. Has an Olympic medal, but it’s only a shameful Bronze.
- Timo Nummelin. I wish I understood Finnish, because this video makes him look pretty cool.
- Timo Helbing. Big Swiss defenseman was drafted by Nashville in 1999. The Predators traded him to Tampa Bay in 2004 for an 8th round pick, which isn’t even a thing anymore. Who did Nashville select with that 258th overall pick? Pekka Rinne. Helbing bounced between the AHL and NHL for a few season, and signed as a free agent with the Capitals. Washington traded him to Buffalo with Dainus Zubrus for a first round pick in 2007. That pick would be acquired by the Sharks, who then wasted it on Nick Petrecki.