The Kings win over the Ducks on Thursday night made it very likely the Sharks face Anaheim in the first round of the playoffs. Los Angeles holds a two-point lead over the Ducks, but Anaheim has a game in hand with a pair of games to be played this weekend.
Here are the potential scenarios:
Sharks play the Ducks if:
- The Kings beat the Jets on Saturday in any fashion.
- The Kings pick up a loser point against Winnipeg AND Anaheim secures three or fewer points in its two games.
- The Ducks lose in regulation either Saturday or Sunday.
- The Ducks lose in overtime or shootout in both games.
Sharks play the Kings if
- The Kings lose in any fashion on Saturday AND the Ducks win in any fashion on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Kings lose in regulation on Saturday AND the Ducks win in any fashion in one game and pick up a loser point in the other.
- The Kings get a loser point on Saturday AND the Ducks win both games in any fashion.