I have a very important announcement:
Antoine Bibeau hung out with a dog yesterday.
(Make sure to click through all photos).
Why did they give this baby faced goaltender a small dog? Great question!
The Barracuda are hosting their second annual Pucks & Paws night this Sunday, allowing fans to bring their dogs to SAP Center, because sometimes the universe wants us to have good things. And sometimes the universe wants us to have two good things at the same time.
There’s a list of rules — including that your dog must be a Barracuda fan and cannot use the human bathrooms — and all dogs will need a $5 ticket and will be sat in specific sections, but having been to one of these events before, there is nothing better than dogs getting excited during a hockey game.
Their barking echoes!
Also some sleuthing (reading the Instagram comments) has led me to learn that this particular tiny Frenchie belongs to a videographer for the Sharks organization, so fingers crossed that these photos aren’t the last we’ll see of Bibeau and co.
News & Notes
- Ottawa’s quest for a new arena isn’t quite over. Update: NCC to roll out LeBreton Flats redevelopment in stages — with door open for an NHL arena
- An incredible long read from Emily Kaplan: Is the NHL the future of marijuana in pro sports? Why it could be
- We love Sharks history: 25 Years of SAP Center: The Shark Head
- The new episode of the official Barracuda podcast features Nick DeSimone and Cavan Fitzgerald: Cuda Confidential Podcast, Episode 19
- Pete DeBoer did a really sweet thing: How Peter DeBoer made two Sharks fans’ day with locker-room tour
- Finally, Black Girl Hockey Club is doing incredible work to bring black women who love hockey together. Now, they’re trying to file as a nonprofit organization to continue that work. Find out how you can help here:
I am trying to convert Black Girl Hockey Club into a Non Profit Organization so t... https://t.co/2AUqEogAOn— Black Girl Hockey Club (@BlackGirlHockey) March 7, 2019
Scores & Recaps
- Florida Panthers 3, Boston Bruins 4 [Litter Box Cats, Stanley Cup of Chowder recap]
- Columbus Blue Jackets 0, Pittsburgh Penguins 3 [The Cannon recap, Pensburgh recap]
- New York Rangers 2, Detroit Red Wings 3 (SO) [Blueshirt Banter recap, Winging It In Motown recap]
- Minnesota Wild 3, Tampa Bay Lightning 0 [Hockey Wilderness, Raw Charge]
- Buffalo Sabres 4, Chicago Blackhawks 5 (SO) [Die By The Blade, Second City Hockey recap]
- St. Louis Blues 4, Los Angeles Kings 0 [St. Louis Game Time, Jewels From The Crown]
- New York Islanders 4, Ottawa Senators 2 [Lighthouse Hockey recap, Silver Seven recap]
- Colorado Avalanche 0, Dallas Stars 4 [Mile High Hockey recap, Defending Big D recap]
- Vancouver Canucks 2, Edmonton Oilers 3 [Nucks Misconduct, The Copper & Blue]
- Calgary Flames 0, Arizona Coyotes 2 [Matchsticks and Gasoline recap, Five For Howling]