- Recaps from the Sharks' 3-2 shootout victory over the Anaheim Ducks. [Fear The Fin] [Mercury News] [CSN Bay Area] [The Gackle Report] [SF Chronicle] [NHL.com] [Anaheim Calling]
- Todd McLellan on what went wrong last night: "Boyle, Burns and Demers are all very good puck-moving offensive defensemen. I’m not going to put it on the six D that played. I thought they played a hard game. There were opportunities where they could have moved the puck up and delivered the puck a little bit better, but the forwards play a role in that, as well." [Working the Corners]
- Based on their commercial, the San Francisco Bulls' "Wrangle A Date Wednesday" promotional night next week appears to be equal parts creepy and awesome. [Puck Daddy]
- Rather than handing it out to a slimy billionaire for his privately-owned arena, what could the city of Edmonton do with $550 million of public money? [The Copper & Blue]
- A look at the Islanders' performance in the neutral zone through four games. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Why do Keith Ballard and Chris Tanev look like the Vancouver Canucks' best pairing so far this season [Canucks Army]
- An interesting look at the Hockey Hall of Fame suggests the following: "Winners are overrated, regardless of their individual contribution." [Beyond the Box Score]
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.