- Recaps of the Sharks' 3-2 shootout win over Colorado, their fourth shootout (and third shootout victory) in their last five home games. [Fear The Fin] [CSN Bay Area] [Mercury News] [Bay Area Sports Guy] [NHL.com] [Mile High Hockey]
- In case you missed it yesterday, the Sharks recalled Matt Irwin from Worcester in light of Brent Burns' recent injury, although Irwin didn't suit up for the game against the Avs. [San Jose Sharks]
- A great fanpost by JpR-dc about teams over the past five seasons that are comparable to where the Sharks currently find themselves. [FanPosts]
- So the Blues have inquired about Daniel Briere, with Kevin Shattenkirk's name swirling as the potential return. That would be disastrous for St. Louis so hopefully it happens. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The new playoff format accompanying the NHL's realignment proposal doesn't make a whole lot of sense, at least for the time being (read: prior to inevitable expansion). [Backhand Shelf]
- Courtesy Ann, here's the Dan Boyle spin-o-rama gif you've all been waiting for:
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.