- San Jose begins their home-and-home series against the defending champions tonight and Darryl Sutter thinks the 2002 Sharks were just as good as the 2012 Kings. Maybe he's wrong but that 2002 team was incredible; their +49 goal difference was second in the league only to the unfairly stacked Red Wings. [Mercury News]
- And as long as we're making comparisons, just how good were the 2012 Kings, anyway? [Broad Street Hockey]
- A CBA stipulation meant the Sharks had yesterday off; that and more on the Blues loss that puts the Sharks' current winless streak at four. [Working the Corners]
- Matt Irwin is getting his shots through and playing important minutes on the Sharks' blue line. [CSN Bay Area]
- What's the deal with the San Jose Sharks? (As answered through Seinfeld clips). [Great White And Teal]
- Corey Perry was suspended four games for his egregious hit to the brain of Minnesota's Jason Zucker. He will not be in the lineup when the Sharks travel to Anaheim on Monday. [SB Nation]
- Is next season Pavel Datsyuk's last in the NHL? [Abel to Yzerman]
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.