- Martin Havlat missed the last 25 minutes of the Sharks' win over the Predators Saturday and has been diagnosed with a "lower-body" injury. Whether he'll play during the team's upcoming swing through Western Canada is unknown. [CSN Bay Area]
- Jamie Baker on why it's impossible to score in today's NHL. [San Jose Sharks]
- Antti Niemi will start his ninth straight game in Vancouver tomorrow and it's uncertain when Thomas Greiss will ever be between the pipes again. [CSN Bay Area]
- Nearly halfway through the shortened season, who are the contenders and who are the pretenders? [Habs Eyes On The Prize]
- The problem isn't with Alex Ovechkin, it's with Mike Milbury's expectations. [Backhand Shelf]
- And just like that, the NHL is minting money again. What lockout? [Puck Daddy]
- Fascinating stuff on how effective defensemen are at exiting their zone cleanly. Brent Burns' numbers from last season look mighty impressive. [Hockey Prospectus]
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the NHL.