Friday Chum Bucket: Worcester Sharks open training camp
- After officially announcing the signing of Tim Kennedy, Brandon Mashinter, John McCarthy, Frazer McLaren, Matt Pelech and Nick Petrecki to AHL contracts, the Worcester Sharks will begin their training camp today at the New England Sports Center in Marlboro, MA. [Worcester Sharks]
- Here's Drew Remenda's take on the Ontario Hockey League's revised fighting rules. "I’ve never thought that 16 to 20 year old kids punching each other in the face was a smart way to keep hockey safer." [San Jose Sharks]
- Players who succeeded in the AHL during the 2004-05 lockout went on to star in the NHL once its doors reopened. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- After canceling the remainder of the preseason, the NHL will meet with the NHLPA over the weekend with some of the players apparently optimistic about this round of meetings. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Why Gary Bettman needs to stop citing the NFL as an example of why the players should accept a lower percentage of revenue. [Defending Big D]
- Logan Couture will make his Swiss League debut for Geneva in a little over an hour. [National League A]
- The five worst free agent signings of the summer. [Hockey Prospectus]/
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.