Friday Sharks Links: DeBoer wants to make the Tank formidable again
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Relating his experience with the Panthers of being unable to exit the defensive zone for an entire period in San Jose, new Sharks head coach Peter DeBoer voiced his desire to make the Tank an intimidating place to play again after a disappointing home record this past season. [Mercury News]
- Here's a full transcript of DeBoer's questions and answers at the press conference. [Working the Corners]
- DeBoer somewhat sidestepped questions about who the Sharks' next captain might be. [CSN Bay Area]
- Like Tampa Bay's Jon Cooper, DeBoer has a law degree and he believes it comes in handy in the line of work he ultimately chose. [Mercury News]
- DeBoer wasn't the only NHL head coach named yesterday as the Buffalo Sabres announced their hiring of former Penguins bench boss Dan Bylsma. [Die By The Blade]
- Former Shark Ryane Clowe's NHL career sadly remains very much up in the air, with new Devils GM Ray Shero saying it'll ultimately be the power forward's call as to whether he suits up again after enduring numerous concussions. [Pro Hockey Talk]/