Friday Sharks Links: Mueller eligible to be sent to junior after WHL trade deadline
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Back from representing Switzerland at the World Junior Championship, Sharks rookie defenseman Mirco Mueller appears to be buried behind Matt Irwin, Matt Tennyson and Scott Hannan on the team's defensive depth chart. Despite his WHL team, the Everett Silvertips, already having the maximum two import players, Mueller can reportedly be sent back to junior for the rest of the season following tomorrow's WHL trade deadline. [The Province]
- Recaps of the Sharks' 7-2 loss to St. Louis. [Fear The Fin] [Mercury News] [CSN Bay Area] [SF Chronicle] [St. Louis Game Time] [NHL.com]
- San Jose's power play remains a massive concern in Joe Thornton's absence. [CSN Bay Area]
- Thornton talks about missing his fourth straight game with a shoulder injury. [Working the Corners]
- R.I.P. J.P. Parise, the former Minnesota North Stars player and father of current Minnesota Wild star Zach Parise, who passed away yesterday at 73 after a year-long battle with lung cancer. [Star Tribune]
- Jonathan Willis breaks down the league's most underrated and overrated players. [Sportsnet]/