Friday Sharks Links: Sabres interested in McLellan
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Former Sharks head coach Todd McLellan tops a shortlist of candidates the Buffalo Sabres are considering to fill their own opening behind the bench. Longtime AHL coach Luke Richardson is also in the mix to replace Ted Nolan in Buffalo. [USA Today]
- Tomas Hertl survived the final cuts and is confirmed to be a part of the Czech Republic's roster at the World Championships, which begin today in Hertl's hometown of Prague, for the third straight year. [SF Chronicle]
- Sharks prospect Nikita Jevpalovs, who scored 49 goals and 100 points in the QMJHL this season, is also headed to the Worlds to represent Team Latvia. [SJSharks.com]
- The Sharks are holding a used equipment and merchandise clearance sale open the general public tomorrow at SAP Center, featuring a meet-and-greet with Evgeni Nabokov. [SJSharks.com]
- Following a controversial hit by Nicklas Backstrom and former Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle, the Capitals won Game 1 of their second round series against the New York Rangers with two seconds left in the third period. [Japers' Rink]/