Friday Sharks Links: SAP Center lease extension to be announced today
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- A multi-year lease extension to keep the Sharks at SAP Center well past 2017-18, when the current lease expires, is expected to be announced today at a joint press conference between San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo and Sharks COO John Tortora. [Working the Corners]
- Improvements to the now 22-year-old arena are expected to be part of the package. [CSN Bay Area]
- Chris Hansen's (no, not that Chris Hansen) plan to build an arena with the hopes of bringing the NHL and NBA to downtown Seattle took another step forward yesterday with the release of the project's final environmental impact report. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Craig Custance files a report from Prague on the interest Todd McLellan has been receiving from around the league and the challenge of balancing those interviews with trying to lead Team Canada to a gold medal at the Worlds. [ESPN]
- Logan Couture's 2011 performance gets some love in THN's ranking of the top 10 rookie playoff performances of the past 10 years. [The Hockey News]
- Keys to the Sharks bouncing back in 2015-16. [The Hockey Writers]/