Gameday Thread: San Jose Sharks @ Los Angeles Kings
Man oh man oh man. What a game this is going to be tonight.
When the clock strikes 10:30 the Sharks could either be in the playoffs with the division still up for grabs, in the playoffs as a 7/8 seed, or facing a must-win on Saturday against Los Angeles yet again to determine whether or not they even get into the playoffs.
It's weird, it's wild, it's wacky, it's absolutely awesome.
Some news and notes to tide you over before the game gets underway:
- Dallas is in Nashville and Colorado is hosting Columbus. Read this for Western Conference playoff clinching scenarios.
- Great read from Jewels From The Crown on center matchups and why the last change is important in games like these-- Thornton has killed Mike Richards in possession but has really struggled against Anze Kopitar. In other words, expect to see a lot of Kopitar vs. Thornton tonight with the last change going to Los Angeles.
- Jonathan Quick will be in net tonight for the Kings; Antti Niemi in net tonight for the Sharks.
- David Pollak of Working The Corners is reporting that, even if healthy, Douglas Murray is unlikely to play tonight.
- Jeff Carter won't play tonight for the Kings and looks unlikely for Saturday as well according to Rich Hammond of Kings Insider. Carter is expected to be ready in the first round series if the Kings clinch.
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk blog talks to the players and coaching staff about the adversity they have dealt with this season./
Puck drops like a Skrillex breakdown at 7:37 PM.