Monday Chum Bucket: Freefallin'
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- The last time the Sharks dropped this many games in a row, they acquired one Joe Thornton from the Boston Bruins. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like Doug Wilson is keen to repeat the feat by packaging Ryane Clowe, James Sheppard and Brad Stuart (symmetry!) for Claude Giroux. [Mercury News]
- Seriously though, do the Sharks even have the personnel to compete with the league's elite? [CSN Bay Area]
- And here's one last article about a shake-up possibly brewing in San Jose. [SB Nation]
- Jonathan Toews on the fight between him and Joe Thornton on Friday night: "I guess it just comes down to players trying to get under your skin and test you a little bit. I figured at some point I had to stand up for myself." And what better way for someone with a concussion history to stand up for himself than getting repeatedly punched in the head by a guy twice his size? [CSN Bay Area]
- Fourteen games into this season, we still don't know who the real San Jose Sharks are. [Puck Daddy]
- One of the primary reasons for the losing streak? As mentioned on Friday, the Sharks' PDO has cratered from sky-high levels to about league average. [NHL Numbers]
- Sure, Jonathan Quick has been awful this season and the Kings are 13th in the conference as a result but history tells us that should turn around very soon. [Backhand Shelf]