Monday Chum Bucket: Shark Tank prepares for first hockey game in eight months
- For the first time since April, professional hockey will be played at HP Pavilion tonight as the San Francisco Bulls host the Stockton Thunder in a game for which all 17,652 free tickets have been distributed. Also a first: Ryane Clowe will be behind the bench at the Tank rather than on it. [San Jose Mercury News]
- We won't know whether Sharks prospect Sean Kuraly has made Team USA's final 2013 World Junior Championships roster until after the second of two pre-tournament games is played in Russia on December 22nd. [SB Nation]
- Joe Thornton racked up 27 penalty minutes in HC Davos' 3-0 loss to Fribourg last week. Fun fact: the German word for game misconduct is Spieldauerdisziplinarstrafe. [National League A]
- Drew Remenda reminisces about the Sharks' inaugural roster. [San Jose Sharks]
- In riveting lockout news, Paul A. Engelmayer is the federal judge who has been assigned to the NHL's class action lawsuit against the players' association. Engelmayer has previously ruled on a case involving a pro-Israel group's hate speech against Palestinians so he clearly has experience dealing with two factions who have nothing but contempt for each other. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- An actual lawyer explains the impending legal battle between the NHL and NHLPA. [mc79hockey]
- "What I'm rooting for is that this all gets settled and the end result is the burning husk of Proskauer Rose being paraded through the streets while the fucking shitheels that make up that particular firm openly lament their pending sentences to the 8th and 9th Bolgias in Hell's eighth circle." J.J. says what we're all (okay, what I'm) thinking. [Winging It In Motown]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.