Monday Chum Bucket: Sharks assign 16 players to Worcester
- With no training camp to be held in the wake of a lockout, the organization announced this morning that they've assigned 16 players to their AHL affiliate in Worcester. Those sent down include forwards Curt Gogol, Freddie Hamilton, Bracken Kearns, James Livingston, Jon Matsumoto, Travis Oleksuk, Brodie Reid and Sebastian Stalberg; defensemen Sena Acolatse, Danny Groulx, Taylor Doherty, Matt Irwin and Matt Tennyson; and goaltenders Thomas Heemskerk, Harri Sateri, and Alex Stalock. [Worcester Sharks]
- Jason Demers becomes the first Shark to officially settle on a lockout backup plan, signing with Karpat Oulu of the SM-liiga. He'll be joined by Jussi Jokinen and likely Pekka Rinne. [The Fourth Period]
- Douglas Murray, the Sharks' lone representative on the negotiating committee, discusses the process. [Working the Corners]
- Vlasic, Boyle and Thornton sound off on the negotiations as well. [CSN Bay Area]
- Here's the Sharks' official statement to their fans regarding the lockout. [San Jose Sharks]
- Ellen Etchingham's "batshit idea for a batshit time" regarding the Stanley Cup. [Backhand Shelf]
- "The teams that were Losing Money prior to the lockout, were given just enough of a boost to poke their head out of the hole but quickly started sinking back in. Revenue growth really for these teams has never been enough to keep up with base level escalation in player salaries and in the costs to operate a franchise." Another detailed look at the real financial problems afflicting many of the league's clubs, which a lockout will probably do exactly nothing to solve. [NHL Numbers]
Fear the Fin would not be possible without your support. The goal is to keep this free and open fan community that we can nurture and grow. To do that we need your support.
Please consider donating to Fear the Fin through our GoFundMe page, buying our merchandise through our Etsy Shop. You can also support one of our sponsors and affiliates. Everything helps!
And remember to follow us on Twitter @fearthefin or on Facebook (Fear the Fin on Facebook) for all the latest updates.