Monday Sharks Links: Hannan, McGinn questionable for Oilers game
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Neither Tye McGinn nor Scott Hannan, both of whom were injured in the Sharks' win over Chicago on Saturday, skated yesterday and it's questionable either will play in tonight's game against Edmonton. Rookies Daniil Tarasov and Mirco Mueller will take their places in the lineup if McGinn and Hannan can't go. [CSN Bay Area]
- The EPIX camera crew continues to follow the Sharks around, gathering behind-the-scenes footage ahead of Tuesday night's premiere of their Road To The Stadium Series show that will feature the Sharks and Kings prior to the February 21st outdoor game at Levi's Stadium. [Mercury News]
- Joel Quenneville, whose own Blackhawks team was featured on Epix's Road To The Winter Classic special back in December, had some advice for Todd McLellan on how to handle the attention. [CSN Bay Area]
- James Sheppard, Matt Irwin, Barclay Goodrow and Melker Karlsson are among the players who have stepped up of late in Tommy Wingels and Justin Braun's absence from the lineup. [Gackle Report]
- Ahead of tonight's game between the Sharks and Oilers, Jonathan Willis looked at all the impending San Jose free agents who might be of interest to Edmonton this summer. [Oilers Nation]
- Former Sharks goaltending great Evgeni Nabokov was sadly placed on waivers yesterday by the Tampa Bay Lightning. [Pro Hockey Talk]/