Monday Sharks Links: Sharks a longshot to land Babcock
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- Mike Babcock was spotted on a tour of Buffalo yesterday and is expected to make the rounds of cities whose teams currently have coaching vacancies. Due to financial considerations among other reasons, don't expect San Jose to be very high on his list however. Elliotte Friedman lists the Sharks alongside the Maple Leafs in the "yeah, I don't know" category of suitors in his weekly 30 Thoughts column. [Sportsnet]
- Mark Purdy's column on Hasso Plattner's press conference from Friday. [Mercury News]
- More details on the Sharks' lease extension with SAP Center. [Mercury News]
- Brent Burns had two assists in Team Canada's 7-2 rout of the Swiss in World Championship action yesterday. [IIHF]
- Corey Perry rose from the dead to eliminate the Flames in overtime last night and advance Anaheim to the Western Conference Final. It'll mark the sixth straight season, and 10th in the last 12, that a California team makes it to the NHL's Final Four. [NHL.com]
- James Sheppard set up Dan Boyle for an All-Sharks goal that stood up as the game winner for the New York Rangers in their Game 6 victory over Washington. [Twitter]/