Monday Sharks Links: Vlasic placed on IR, DeMelo recalled
Your daily assortment of links to news and analysis from around the hockey world.
- After being a mysterious last-minute scratch for Saturday's game, Marc-Edouard Vlasic will at the very least miss the Sharks' next two contests too. He was placed on injured reserve yesterday with an "upper-body" injury. Dylan DeMelo was recalled from Worcester to take his roster spot for the time being. [Mercury News]
- Elsewhere on the injury front, Tommy Wingels appears to be inching closer to a return and didn't rule out the possibility of playing tonight against Calgary. Mike Brown, on the other hand, doesn't sound like he'll be ready any time soon. [CSN Bay Area]
- He had a so-so run in the role to start the season but Chris Tierney made an extremely compelling case that he should be the Sharks' third-line center in Saturday's game against the Hurricanes. Tierney credits his time in Worcester to his development of strength and aggressiveness. [Gackle Report]
- Tyler Kennedy is a candidate to be traded at the March 2nd deadline and, after being a healthy scratch in the Sharks' last two games, he's well aware of it but hopes to stay in San Jose. Daniil Tarasov did not practice yesterday after briefly leaving Saturday's game due to blocking a shot, so there's a good chance Kennedy draws back in. [CSN Bay Area]
- Excluding Antti Niemi, Melker Karlsson might already be Doug Wilson's best free agent signing ever. [The Hockey Writers]/