Off the Post - January 24
- 26 : 7 = goals for : goals against in the last five Sharks games (all victories, naturally).
- Torrey Mitchell will be at the Sharks Store signing autographs on Wednesday, January 27. Anticipated ratio of women to men = 400 to 1.
- Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi and Kings defenseman Jack Johnson get into an argument over the University of Michigan. Lombardi's a Buckeyes fan, you see, and.... nevermind.
- On the subject of the Kings - please welcome Jewels from the Crown to the SBN fold.
- One of the prospects from the Buffalo Sabres gets his ass suspended 20 games in the OHL.
- Tyler Myers vs. Zdeno Chara... your call.
- Jean Beliveau (Habs immortal, 38th all-time in both points and goals) is recovering from a stroke.
- Is Ilya Kovalchuk leaving the Thrashers? If so, is it safe to presume that Atlanta will ultimately ship their NHL team to Canada... again?
- Fellow Sharks-fan and uber-blogger Mike Chen is joining From the Rink in Mirtle's absence.
- Vesa vs. the Monster would be a great B-movie title.
- Your San Jose Sharks - proud co-participants (with the Colorado Avalanche) in Black Monday.
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere says he'll say "No" to any trade from Anaheim. Great news, actually.
- What the Phoenix Coyotes think of Tooth Fairy.
- I'll have to admit, I was thrown off when I discovered Eric Fehr is statistically better in some way than Patrick Marleau, even if it's just by a little.
- A very thorough and recommended article by Broad Street Hockey on a biased media's distortion of events.
- The leadoff photo and caption are enough for me to link this post.
- It's a small world, after all... (h/t to SwisherThresher)
Courtesy of Earl Sleek at Battle of California - love it.