Off the Post - October 18th
- [UPDATE, 12:40pm] - Jamie McGinn and Derek Joslin were sent down (or is that up north...) to Worcester. H/T to idunno723 for the heads up.
- Nabby played in his 500th career game yesterday, a 4-1 win vs. the Islanders, despite the need for Greiss to get some practice.
- A reminder about other potential Sharks milestones to occur this season.
- Plank and TCY get the nitty-gritty on the Worcester Sharks from Eric Lindquist.
- The Sharks went to the NHL Store in New York, and fielded some questions.
- Jody Shelley's got a new blog... and some babysitting issues.
- San Jose currently has the 6th best capacity precentage attendance in the NHL - but for a reality check, Atlanta is ranked 9th. Phoenix on the other hand... ugh.
- Japer's Rink's recap of the crap-tastic Sharks loss on Thursday.
- Lighthouse Hockey's recap of the awesome Sharks victory yesterday.
- One thing Sidney Crosby and Jason Demers have in common? Ten giveaways in their first 7 games... although Demers redeems himself with 5 takeaways (one more than the Kid).
- (more coming throughout the day, hopefully... if Oktoberfest in downtown Campbell doesn't create Drunk Conico...)
OTHER NHL NEWS
[UPDATE, 7:55pm] = The Bruins trade Chuck Kobasew to Minnesota for Craig Weller, the rights to Alex Fallstrom, and a 2nd rounder in 2011.
[UPDATE, 9:30pm] = Yesterday's news, but the Blackhawks pick up Andrew Ebbett from the Ducks off of waivers.
Saying Phoenix's attendance in home game 2 is woeful sounds almost complimentary.
If someone asked you to declare the worst division in the NHL, chances are pretty good you'd say the Southeast... and you'd be wrong.
Mike Van Ryn is done for the season.
You might have noticed, but Marc-Andre Fleury is playing out of his mind.