Off the Post, Sept. 10
- Plank may be in Minnesota, but holds down the fort with ten things to be excited for next season, a look at the ice conditions at HP Pavilion, as well as compiling a rivalry depth chart.
- TCY and Plank chime in with some Couture talk.
- The San Jose Sharks preseason begins one week from today! That's the good news.
- The bad news (for the players) - they play in the Teal & White game on Wednesday, and THEN play 3 preseason games in 3 days. If it makes you feel better, the Anaheim Ducks have 4 games in 4 days - not counting any novelty scrimages for season ticket holders.
- Devin Setoguchi will be at the Sharks Store today from 4:30 to 6:30pm. Mark my words - that line will be epic. Remember to ask him to sign your gooch - it's a good conversation starter.
- See this Sharks training camp roster (w/ Dan Hinote's name included)? Add Mathieu Dandenault's name to the list.
- Could Patrick Marleau be headed to the New Jersey Devils? (H/T to PuckDaddy) [UPDATE] = Apparently he could be going to the Kings in a 3-way deal involving Heatley. Whatever... (thanks to Section223 for the heads up)
- [UPDATE] = Mike Chen opens up his season tickets, and Patrick Marleau is nowhere to be seen on the tickets. Jody Shelley, sure... but no Marleau, no Nabokov, no Cheechoo, and no Michalek.
- Rudy Kelly offers orgasms in exchange for Torrey Mitchell in a Kings jersey. Sounds like a fair trade... oh wait, they're HIS orgasms? Now that's just selfish...
- The OdinMercer suicide watch revs up today, as the Phoenix Coyotes' fate hangs in the balance. Please discuss in the comments.
- Speaking of Phoenix- 60% of Fear The Fin readers think they should be moved via a poll earlier this summer.
We sure do appreciate Blueshirt Banter's pick for the head of the Western Conference this season.
The new SB Nation.com site is up and running.
[UPDATE] = Please welcome Anaheim Calling to the SB Nation fold. Sleek's already rolled out the welcome mat.
The Sharks rookies swept the Ducks rookies with a 5-2 victory last night. No word in the article about Michael D'Orazio's groin pull that left him unable to walk off the ice... Trust me, it wasn't pretty.
Here's a video of D'Orazio's goal, the first of the night. Those chants of "RUDY!" refer to Daniel Erlich (#70), who stands at a lofty 5' 6''.
Michael D'Orazio's goal at San Jose Sharks rookie scrimmage (via dkeirsteadisback)
Speaking of 5' 6'' - Theo Fleury will soon know if he's coming back to the NHL.
Can't go wrong with a firetruck in a sinkhole (H/T to ang6666).
Adolf Hitler bitches about the Christian Ehrhoff trade. Pure hilarity.
Hitler reacts to Ehrhoff trade (via bs932)