Playoff Gameday Thread: St. Louis Blues @ San Jose Sharks
The Sharks have scored 3, 2, 1, and 0 (x3) goals against the St. Louis Blues this season.
The Blues have scored 4, 3 (x3), 2, and 1 goals against the Sharks this season.
I think it's safe to say tonight should be another low scoring game, but as soon as you say something like that things tend to get away on you. I remember last postseason heading into game three against the Los Angeles Kings everyone was talking about another 2-1 game and all of a sudden San Jose drops a five spot in the second period and ends up winning 6-5 in overtime. There's no method to the madness this time of year.
At any rate, another huge game at HP Pavilion tonight. San Jose got the road split we all said was going to be important and now have the opportunity to take advantage of home ice.
Some news and notes to tide you over before puck drop:
- The Sharks will wear their Black Armor jerseys at home this entire postseason. Adjust your game wear accordingly.
- Antti Niemi will face Brian Elliot tonight, with Thomas Greiss and Jake Allen serving as the backups.
- Eric Lindquist takes you in the game within the game and asks the question-- how will game 3 play out after the fireworks on Saturday?
- Kevin Kurz of CSN's Sharks Talk blog breaks down what to watch for tonight.
- Sharks Head Coach Todd McLellan has hinted at lineup changes for game three, but according to David Pollak of Working The Corners, McLellan is not giving away any particulars.
- Blues Head Coach Ken Hitchcock is in the same boat-- according to Pierre Lebrun of ESPN Chris Stewart will be in tonight for the Blues, but he's not telling anyone in the media who Stewart will replace.
- The always excellent Elliote Friedman was on Puck Daddy Radio today.
- Dan O'Neill of St. Louis Today looks at the series thus far./
Puck drops at 7:07 PM.