Sharks vs. Oilers Preview: Welcome back, Todd McLellan
The former Sharks head coach returns to San Jose for the first time.
For the first time since a sort-of-kind-of-mutually agreed upon break-up during the 2015 offseason, Todd McLellan will return to San Jose. The Oilers have been, quelle surprise, not so good this year, particularly with phenom Connor McDavid out with an injury for most of the season.
The Sharks have a chance to pick up their fourth-straight victory and in the process further the cause of the Oilers — booking a spot in the NHL draft lottery. It's a win-win.
Tale Of The Tape
|7th in Pacific||Rank||3rd in Pacific |
|47.6% ||Score-Adj. Fenwick||52.2% |
7:30PM PDT | SAP Center | San Jose
TV: CSNCA, RSNW | Radio: SJSharks.com, 98.5 KFOX
Know Your Enemy: The Copper & Blue
San Jose lost to Edmonton in overtime.
- Todd McLellan is the big storyline in this one as the former San Jose bench boss will surely get a nice reception pregame.
- The Sharks have a chance to win four games in a row for the first time since their perfect road trip.
- San Jose has struggled to win at SAP Center and ought to seize an opportunity against a weak Edmonton team.
- At 5-on-5 play the Sharks have gotten considerably better goaltending during this streak and it'd be nice to see that continue.
- Joe Thornton continues to rack up points as he currently sits on a three-game streak.